We try to federate hospitality exchange.
* matrix and telegram rooms
to say hi!, chat and coordinate
to get an overview of what's going on in the project
* source code
for development and technical discussions
account to follow for project updates
* weekly meeting
on Mondays at 7pm CET (UTC+1)
The domain of the current WarmShowers platform consists of the following subdomains that are part of its Context Map:
- Hospitality Exchange core domain: Allows Hosts to be found by touring Cyclists and Cyclists to find Hosts to stay with during their trip.
- Membership generic domain: Allows Members to register on the platform.
- Social supporting domain: Allows Members to present themselves and provide feedback.
- Messaging supporting domain: Allows Members to communicate in order to plan a stay.
- Funding generic domain: Allows Members to donate to the project team.
Note: A Community subdomain exists implicitly; all platform members together are the WarmShowers community.
Hospitality Exchange domain
- A Host is a Member that provides a place to stay
- A Traveller is a Member that seeks a place to stay
- Host offers Accomodations to travellers
- Host presents Host Profile to travellers
- Host specifies Availability of accomodation
- Hosts are displayed on a geographic Map
- Traveller filters Hosts on Map by Search Criteria
- Traveller searches Hosts by Search Criteria
- Traveller bookmarks Host Profiles to return to later
- Traveller contacts Host to plan their travel
- Traveller arranges a Stay facilitated by a Host
- Traveller might get Amenities provided by a Host
Travellers are also known as ‘cyclist’, ‘bicycle tourer’, ‘bicycle touring traveller’ or ‘cycling tourist’.
- Hosts use the host profile to present themselves to other members.
- Profile may contain more detail on accomodations and amenities.
- Amenities can be: tools availability, distance to bike shop, bike storage available, private or shared bathroom, mailbox available, …
- Amenities are mostly not on the host profile, but may be offered once host and traveller get to know each other better.
- Accomodation details are: accomodation type, number of guests, …
- Accomodation types are: tent spot, bedroom, …
Availability statuses are: hosting, not available, in a long distance touring mode, …
Search criteria are: host name, location, accomodation details.
- Bookmarks store host info for offline use, and are used to e.g. plan a trip ahead of time.
- A Member is a person with a Member Account
- Person selects a WarmShowers Instance to join
- Person creates new Member Account
- Member validates Account email address
- Member requests new Account password
- Member logs in to interact
- Member migrates Member Account to another Instance
- Member sends Private Message to other member(s)
- Member receives Message in Message Inbox
- Member replies to a Message
- Member deletes or archives Message
- Member has a Message Archive
- Members also communicate directly by sms, phone, or email if they want to
- Member has a Member Profile
- Member can provide Member Feedback to other members
- Member can view Member Feedback of other members
- Member can publish Stories for other members
- Member can share Stories to Social Media Channels
- Social Media Channels are: newsletter, podcasts, Facebook group, Instagram
- Members also find touring partners on the WarmShowers Forum
- Member / Person donates to WarmShowers project team
- Recently member donations are visible to all members.